Monday, June 15, 2009

Pneumonia!!!

Danny's chest xray this morning is not good. The right lobe is all gunk! So it looks like we are going to be here for awhile. He has a FULL BLOWN aspirated pneumonia....and because he has this pseudemonas bacteria in his throat it is likely that it too has found a home in his lung. NOT GOOD, NOT GOOD at all. They are calling down to CHOW to talk to Danny's Pulm. doc to get a game plan. This pseudemonas really makes this pneumonia tricky and more complicated. AUGH! Not a great way to start off the summer. I can only hope this is not the trend for the rest of the season....Danny had one of the worst summers last year, I so do not want a repeat. He is miserable! Danny spiked a fever last night, is extremely wretchy, and that's on top of him struggling to breathe.....I can hear Dr D'Andrea now and I'm sure the trach is going to be brought up once again. *SIGH* BIG *SIGH*
Avrianna is coming up later to hang out with us....we are going to make some signs to post around to hospital and see if any of the nurses here are interested in some respite a few hours a week. If YOU know anyone please send them our contact information, thanks!
My new iphone froze today too, so that doesn't work...when it rains it pours. So I won't get your call if you call my cell...the direct line to his room #413 is 920-969-7958.

No comments: