Thursday, September 18, 2008

Just Another Day

*****SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST FOR BLUE ROSES!!******

First - please stop in at Matt's site (our CB friend - link to the left) as he awoke this morning very sick and needed to be admitted to the PICU. The parents could use some comforting words right now.

Well today started so so...I had seen a post on another site that makes total sense to me today. Live life in the present, as the past and future both can be sad and frightening. I so understand that! Today I tried to reflect on my life and found myself in tears seeing the what if's and could haves when all I needed to do is look at what's right in front of me....the best kids/miracles a mother could have! They are what makes my life "worth" it. I was one that dreamed of a family from when I can start to remember and now I have TWO. How wonderful and I got to spend the day with them, I couldn't have asked for more. I wouldn't be the person I am today without them in my life! They are my EVERYTHING! Dan called and was so apologetic that the day wasn't "special", but any day that I can spend with my kids is special for me.
Today we went to the mall to get my mom's ring (it was being repaired), to get some aromatherapy stuff for the house, and we ate at Subway for lunch. Then we went to go get Avrianna and my eyes checked out. Danny had a blast, I think he was enjoying the idea he was there just for the ride and didn't have to have stuff done to him. Both Avrianna and I had the full treatment with eye dilation and all. My eyes did indeed change for the worse so I'm hoping after getting my new specks my headaches will subside. Avrianna is also entrying the world of GLASSES. She right now is totally excited about them but I'm sure after having to wear them and care for them they are not going to be so neat anymore. I can only wonder if her major medical crisis this spring helped in her need for glasses. In Jan of '08 I took her in for her first exam and she was ok and now she is in need of glasses due to "weak" focus muscles. The doctor mentioned that if she should have another episode she needs to come in earlier but every year should be just fine. So I'm concerned that her blood disorder or the trama her body deals with having it is causing her eyes to become weaker. Her eyes are always yellow do to the jaundice and anemia that her body has on a daily basis so maybe? Of course I didn't wonder this till after we left the office so I will be asking the Pediatrician if their is issues with eye sight and having HS. She picked out pink ones so I will post a picture of her when they come in. She also has two loose teeth! My little girl is growing up, sigh.
After the eye appt we came home and Danny had OT. Today I put him in his stander for his therapy and he was having a good time. Ms Kristi had him paint apples on a tree with an apple stamp. He was smiling and even vocalized for her, WOW, so I think Danny will do better for her in his stander during OT time. After OT the kids and I went to Walmart to do alittle shopping and to just browse around. Avrianna picked out one of those lil cakes for my birthday cake so we went home, put a cande in it, and ate it with just us three....yeap had to give lil man some frosting. Last night I gave him about 7 (of his spoon fulls) of banana pudding and some pumkin ice cream and he did GREAT with that too.
Hope all is well! Live life for today as you can't change yesterday and you never know what tomorrow will bring. I love Blue Roses, they are my favorite flower and happened to come across this so I would like to share.

************************* BLUE ROSES ******************************

Why do I always have to be the one that starts to do laundry and there's no detergent? Well, I guess it was time for me to do my store run, which included light bulbs, paper towels, trash bags and Clorox. So off I go.

I scurried around the store, gathered up my goodies, and headed for the checkout counter only to be blocked in the narrow aisle by a young man that appeared to be about sixteen-years-old. I wasn't in a hurry, so I patiently waited for the boy to realize that I was there. This was when he waved his hands excitedly in the air and declared in a loud voice, "Mommy, I'm over here."

It was obvious now, he was mentally challenged, and also startled as he turned and saw me standing so close to him, waiting to squeeze by. His eyes widened and surprise exploded on his face as I said, "Hey Buddy, what's your name?"

"My name is Denny and I'm shopping with my mother," he responded proudly.

"Wow," I said, "that's a cool name; I wish my name was Denny, but my name is Hal."

"Hal, like Halloween?" he asked.

"Yes," I answered. "How old are you Denny?"

"How old am I now, Mommy?" he asked his mother as she slowly came over from the next aisle. "You're fifteen-years-old Denny; now be a good boy and let the man pass by."

I acknowledged her and continued to talk to Denny for several more minutes about summer, bicycles and school. I watched his brown eyes dance with excitement because he was the center of someone's attention. He then abruptly turned and headed toward the toy section.

Denny's mom had a puzzled look on her face and thanked me for taking the time to talk with her son. She told me that most people wouldn't even look at him, much less talk to him. I told her that it was my pleasure and then I said something I have no idea where it came from, other than by the prompting of the Holy Spirit.

I told her that there are plenty of red, yellow and pink roses in God's garden, however, "Blue Roses" are very rare and should be appreciated for their beauty and distinctiveness. You see, Denny is a "Blue Rose" and if someone doesn't stop and smell that rose with their heart and touch that rose with their kindness, then they've missed a blessing from God.

She was silent for a second, then with a tear in her eye she asked, "Who are you?"

Without thinking I said, "Oh, I'm probably just a dandelion but I sure love living in God's garden."

Please the next time you see a BLUE ROSE don't turn your head and walk off, take the time to smile and say Hello. Because by the grace of GOD this mother could be you. This could be your child, grandchild, niece, nephew. What a difference a moment can mean to that person or their family.

From another old dandelion.

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Leave the rest to God.

~Author Unknown~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sending you all love and kisses from the UK , Keep well guys all our love the Kelly family!!!! xxx

Hope you dont mind but that poem of the Blue roses was so beautiful i took a copy for Declan's website.

Please let me know if thats ok and i will remove it xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

www.caringbridge.org/visit/declankelly

Courey said...

the "blue rose" story was awesome, thank you for posting it!