Sunday, January 4, 2009

What an Ice Rink

OMG ~ This winter is just brutal!! I can't believe we came home for this....If Danny could travel I would be on the road, right now, back down to Florida. They say we haven't had a winter like this since the late 1880's. Last night it rained here...the air temp was great for rain but the ground not so much. Once the water hit the ground it instantly froze!! Everything looks like an ice rink. Dan gets to drive home in this crap as he is still in Tomahawk, YIKES!! Is it February yet...Florida here we come. The shine on EVERYTHING isn't due to it being wet...it's ALL ICE!
Last night I signed myself up on Facebook. That is fun!! Another addicting outlet for me :). Can you tell how much I get out? .....NEVER! So I sit and chat it up on the computer. I talked to so many of my classmates last night, it was AWESOME! Hey Guys!!!! I can't wait to rekindle old friendships once again. I was amazed to see how many of them still live in the area....again I don't get out much, heehee.
Avrianna woke up twice last night due to tummy aches (but I knew that was going to happen because she played so hard yesterday). She is still sleeping but that is to be expected with a rough night. I am going to call Monday and see if I should have her checked out. I don't think it is anything too alarming as the pain comes and goes so I'm still thinking it is spasms. But you never know after major surgery so I'll call....Friday she has her follow-up appt with the surgeon, but I don't think I am going to let it go that long without a simple phone call....call me over acting, LOL!
Danny slept pretty well...as well as you can with a HUGE brace on. He is such a trooper! I haven't had to give him any pain meds in the last 2 days, YAY!! It amazes my how well my kids are doing after their surgeries. He is awake and sounding like a motor (so junky) I am going to give him Mr Jiggles alil extra today and hope that clears things out. Not sure what is bring on the extra secretions but hoping I can get it under control. Never a dull moment here at the Osero House.
Connie gave me a plaque yesterday and it's so appropriate: Hope ~ Learn from yesterday, Live for today, and Hope for tomorrow. If it's one thing that I have learned in this journey.... You NEVER know what tomorrow brings so be thankful for what you have TODAY as Tomorrow you may not have it. Appreciate yourself, hold your love ones close, and go with the flow. Take care!
Check out our house that is for sale if interested ~ link is to the left in Our Stories

1 comment:

Angoraknitter said...

Oh facebook is fun! You can find me over there at least once a day.