Monday, July 19, 2010

Home Sweet Home!

Just wanted to let you all know that we are home. We got home about 3 this afternoon. TPN was due to be delivered to the house at 4 but didn't show up till 6. That's ok though as I got some stuff put away from our hospital stay. Then we had a nurse from our home medical supplier go over ALL the Danny stuff so we can be registered in their system. Now we'll have their nurses come to the house two times a week to "check" on him and draw his labs in addition to our independent nursing. They also provide home PT so I requested that they come out to the house and help us with Danny's recovery ~ seeing we're still in the summer and Danny doesn't have his school PT coming. It will be nice, but I'm sure Danny won't think it's all that nice, LOL! Danny's alil upset at the moment. I'm sure the car ride home wasn't the MOST comfortable for him. It's going to be a long night for us I fear, but we're home.....Let the recovery BEGIN.
I need to get to Lil Man, But wanted to let you know we made it home safe and sound.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news! I can't believe how well this surgery has gone and I hope he continues to recover quickly.
Sounds like you've got lots of support too!
Big hugs for the lil man.
Linda

Karen said...

So happy you are home. It always makes things better to be at home and in your own bed. He sounds like he is doing a great job and mom too. Kylee don't like PT either but it did a world of differance for her once she started after her tumor surgery.
Hugs from the McGlin's :)