Friday, December 4, 2009

Still Sick!

Love this T-shirt....so appropriate! Everyone always wants to kiss him!! Thanks Griffy for the shirt! Too bad he was so sick when I took this. You can see how glassy his eyes are and how pale he is. Danny is going on 2 weeks with this last bought of Pneumonia ;( with no real improvement as of yet. Yesterday we went in for labs and more xrays. We started up steroids yesterday and MORE breathing treatments. Poor guy! I feel awful he been so sick lately. Guess I had this false impression that the trache would help him, well I guess it does with the cares of the pneumonia, but I was hoping he wouldn't GET it so much. This makes #2 in the last 2 months. As I know all TOO WELL every pneumonia it gets makes his poor lil boy more tired and can cause more damage to his lungs. I worry about that amount of pneumonia's he has had this year and I'm FREAKING out! I was always told that what Danny has won't take him, it will be a respiratory problem that will............... I'm worried :(
Here's is Danny's other nurse Meghan! I'm slowly getting pictures of Danny with his AWESOME caregivers. Danny and I are SO LUCKY to have wonderful people with us :)
Last night was our REAL first snow. Check out the BIG flakes! It was very pretty.......I've seen the snow and now it can GO, heehee. Um yeah I'm NOT a winter person AT ALL! It's pretty n all but the cold SUCKS! With that being said I don't think we are going to go to Florida for winter/Christmas break like we had planned. I don't want to risk being in another state with Danny being so unstable....I don't think anyone would have fun, it'd be to hard on everyone, and it's not worth making him sicker for just a trip. Danny is more comfortable here in his own bed and we have more support for him here, so I think we'll have to plan a trip down south another time. Danny's health is more important right now plus Avrianna will be pretty happy about it as she wasn't too impressed with being in Florida for Christmas anyway.
Last week Dan and I broke out the Norwegian side of us. We made Kringla and I attempted my first time with Lefse. Avrianna busted out her apron and helped me out with the Kringla this year. Dan has assumed the baking responsibilities, heehee. So we are making it a family tradition :) Here are some pictures of the lefse....I even liked eating this year.

Avrianna being silly last night! :)

1 comment:

Tia said...

I ran across your blog a couple of days ago. I was wondering if Danny has a CoughAssist Machine. My sister is multi handicap and has had a trach for 8 years. She is 16 and has a history of respiratory problem(pneumonia). Three years ago she got a CoughAssist. It is WONDERFUL. You hook it up to her trach after a breathing treatment and it literally coughs for her. It has made a HUGE difference in her respiratory issues. Here is the link to the website: http://www.coughassist.com/
Check with your doctor about getting one for Danny. It will really be worth it. Email me if you have any questions.

Tia