Wednesday, May 19, 2010

In Limbo

Surgery isn't reschedule as of yet, unfortunately there were patients scheduled already on June 1st that the surgeon was unaware of on Friday. So I am waiting to talk with a few doctors and higher powers in regards to all of our concerns about what transpired on Friday before we reschedule surgery. Now we just have to keep Lil Man healthy till we can get him back into the OR again. I am very happy that things are being taken care of and that we are being heard. These kids NEED a voice and I'm not afraid of being that voice and challenging them when I feel things are unacceptable. They are people too not just doctors and mistakes do happen, but I NEED creditability and acknowledgement of their mishaps. Things need to change before they can get better, and if I don't speak up who will. There are many out there without a voice or afraid to rock the boat. Unfortunately or fortunately, depending on who you are or how you look at it, I'm not lower then they are and I WILL rock the boat. I think they forget that our kiddos are living, breathing, feeling human beings not just "cases". The medical field can "deal" with these kids but can go home at the end of the day and leave it all behind them......we as parents are in the thick of it 24/7 365 days a year so we protect, advocate, and care for our kids the best we know how. This is ME the good, the bad, and the ugly.....but it's ME. Life is too short and there are too many variables to not speak your mind or to except second best. I think the dedication to these kids and to their job is lost at times. I'm around to help them find it or find something else to do, LOL. I don't think I ask for much..follow direction and treat our kids like they were their own when they are in their care. Yes it was a very disappointing day and I was upset, but I'm better (maybe still alil bitter, time will heal that).
We are all doing great here at the Osero household. We have been able to dwindle down my honey due list as the weather has been wonderful and that we are all healthy around here (a plus to not having the surgery). Dan and I have gotten alot of the outside work done and we went and got some flowers to help ring in spring. We are anxiously awaiting summer vacation to enjoy more of this warm weather.

No comments: