Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Here's to a Great School Year!

6th Grade is here!!  First Day of School she's ready and excited....Bring it on!!  
 The bus stop is further away this year so Avrianna is going to ride her bike to a friends house down the street and then they will walk to the bus stop together.  I'm sure when she has to bring her trumpet in school I'll have to drop her off, but who knows ..... Ms Independent will figure out a way to get it all on her bike :)  This year she also will have to transfer buses so she'll have 2 buses to get to school and 2 buses to get home.  We live maybe 7 minutes away from school, but she gets on the first bus 1hr and 15mins before school starts.  We might be taking her to school more often then riding the bus.  We'll have to see how it all plays out the first few days.
 Where are the years going ??
Homeroom, Math, Reading, Science Teacher Ms Galica
Language Arts and Social Studies Teacher Mr Sollitto
Check out his room.....so cool :)

The last few day have been rough on Danny.  Once again he is in serious discomfort and I don't know why.  I have a few ideas....but nothing that is jumping out at me.  Man would I give anything for him to just be able to point in the direction.  SIGH!!  Most of his waking hours is grimacing or crying.  My heart is breaking!!

First day of school and he is resting comfortably, for now.  He was up at 4am crying away, so I'm very happy he was able to get some more sleep.  I did not register him for school this year, let's see how this goes with the school district.
I have a few calls into the doc to see what we can do to help him out.  I hope to have some sort of idea of what's going on very soon.  I HATE not knowing what's wrong and to see him so miserable is taking a toll.

With the summer coming to an end....So is the Garden.  Let the Harvesting BEGIN!!
We picked 3 - 5 gl buckets full of roma tomatoes and started getting busy canning.  We ended up canning 15 quarts of spaghetti sauce, YUM!!  I think we'll have at least another batch of tomatoes that big to get out of the garden yet.  
I'm not sure if we are going to have such a large garden next year, if one at all.  They are alot of work and we just don't have the time or energy to maintain it.  I said "that's what they make Farmers Markets for"....they can grow it :)  The only things that did well this year, was the tomatoes, zucchini, yellow squash, and strawberries.  SO much for the beets, peppers, beans, peas, cucumbers....not worth all that time when the stuff doesn't grow.  

I Saw this bumper sticker.....and HAD TO HAVE IT!!  


I wish everyone a safe and exciting 2013-14 school year.  Thanks for stopping by to check in on us.  As always....I'll keep you posted!

No comments: