Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Back on Track

Things at the Osero household are back in full school year swing.

We definitely like to be BUSY :)

Avrianna's first week of school went GREAT!  She is making new friends and really likes the teachers and curriculum .... so far.  Her week schedule is FULL....with School 5 days, diving 3-4 nites, piano 1 nite, Confirmation and bells 1 nite, and brigade 1 nite.  Mom's taxi service is up and running :)  There is NO more room for anything else, even though Avrianna would love to add more things on her plate if I let her.

The mystery was solved on Mr Danny.  We brought him into see the Dr (not Dr K as he was out on vacation, of course.  Danny loves to get ill when Dr K is out) and after a thorough exam she found that Danny's throat was raw with blisters.  He was diagnosed with Coxsackie Virus.  We still did a panel of labs with blood, urine, and stool as his system was out of whack.  We had thought he had another UTI, but thankfully the specimen was just contaminated so no further treatment was needed.  Everything else came back normal except Danny's potassium levels were low again despite adding in potassium into this daily nutrition already.  So we upped the dose to 2 packages and we'll see how that goes.  With all the results coming back normal, it looks like his autonomic system is going even more crazy when he is ill ... a new "normal" for us to get used to.
I officially took Danny out of the school system last week.  It was a difficult decision, but I just didn't see any advantage as there really hasn't been any progress in the last few years.  I will miss his teacher and therapists greatly they have become great friends through the years.

I have plateaued once again in my mission to become healthier.  This week I've stepped up my game and started to get out more to walk and I've made a valid effort to make better food choices.  I kind of let it slip alil this summer.  I did gain about 3lbs over the summer and that was disappointing to know that I let my hard work slip.....so it's GO TIME.  I am going to start something new and try an exercise workout....I've been doing alot of brisk walking anywhere from 1.5 miles to 4 miles depending on the day, but this is going to be a lot different for me.   It's called T25 from Beachbody.  I'm excited and worried....I'm just not sure what my body will allow me to do.  Well I won't know if I don't try,      Right?  Along with my natural supplements and this T25 workout I'm also going to try Shakeology.  I will post my highs, lows, and results with you guys......my wonderful blog support.

GOD HELP ME!!

Dan is loving that the weather is cooling off, the leaves are starting to change, and hunting season is right around the corner.  This year is going to be extra special as this is the first year Avrianna is going to be hunting with him.  Well not the actual season opener.....don't think I can subject her to that yet, LOL, but she is going to be participating in the Youth Hunt.  She is very excited...and so is Dan.  They both are like two kids when they are taking about getting ready, what they need, and practicing.  Avrianna got her own gun last week and they went up north this last weekend so they could get her gun sighted in, practice shooting and check the trail cameras.  Dan was floored when the first shot Avrianna ever took with her gun was .......

A bullseye!!  And the next 7 shots were also ALL in the red bullseye zone.
She's a natural!

No comments: