This Tuesday I was a chaperone for the 4th grade class to go to the Capital and the zoo.
Danny still requires some vent time (more then normal) and he is needing a pretty strict respiratory therapy regimen. There is no getting bored around here. Tuesday we went down to CHOW for trache/vent clinic. I have to say I was pretty worried going down. Sunday he started to trend back to yellow secretions, low sats, and high heart rate. Danny's sats weren't the best heading down there and I wasn't sure what they were going to say. Both the ENT and the Pulm. believes there is something more going on then just Tracheitis. If the new abx doesn't help us see an improvement we'll be going down to CHOW inpatient for 1-2 days and get him set up on IV meds. I'm hoping this new abx med kicks the funks butt so we don't have to go. The Pulm. feels Danny's respiratory issues are 'more' then pulm. Her theory is due to the severe brain damage and location this just another stage of his brain injury 'progression'. This was hard to hear to say the least, but he's shown Dr's to be wrong before. We are waiting to hear back about getting Danny in for Allergy testing and start some allergy shots. I hope n pray that this will give him some relief and allow him to get better. Please keep him in your thoughts n prayers that he starts to turn around and get back to the sassy Lil Boy we all know n love.