Sunday, September 11, 2011

Where were YOU the day the WORLD STOPPED TURNING



Well it was 3 DAYS after our wedding day. I was working at KD Auto Glass in Oshkosh, WI, I ran the office there. In the waiting room which was separated between a piece of glass I always had the TV on so I saw it from the beginning of the footage on the news. I called Dan at work to have him turn on a TV and watch what was unfolding before my and the rest of America's eyes. Within minutes Dan was at the front door of my office and we watched the second plane hit the second tower together....In total disbelief of what we were seeing.....Could this really be happening? Not much was accomplished that day....it's like everything froze in time. Some of the out of town Family members were stuck at our place as their flights were cancelled and they were in a forever limbo NOT knowing what was going to happen
We were to be leaving for our honeymoon in a couple of days, BUT with the flights out they could NOT guarantee we would be in Miami in time to get to our cruise. The cruise lines were still running full tilt and were NOT offering refunds as 9/11 hadn't effected their industry. So I called my grandparents and asked them to help Dan and I drive down to Florida so we could make our cruise on time. They resheduled their lives for 2 weeks and drove us down and back home. They have a condo down there so they stayed there while we were on our honeymoon. I remember my mother being SO scared and not wanting us to go, as she thought that possibly the cruise lines would be another target. Regardless of her fears we went and had a wonderful time..... on the ship you had this feeling of "safe and normal" once again, even if it was for just a little while.
I will NEVER forget!! For the husband who told his wife he loved her before his plane went down. For the wife who stopped in the stairs to call her husband to say she will love him forever. For the mothers and fathers who kissed their kids goodbye that morning for the last time. For the policemen, firemen, and other rescue workers who rushed in to help others and lost their lives. For the soldiers who fought back and made the ultimate sacrifice. Today, tomorrow, ten years from now, we will remember ♥
My favorite song of all time........Thank YOU to the men and women that fight to make our country the way it is today.....Our freedom DOESN'T come free there is an ultimate cost that I will be FOREVER thankful for

No comments: