Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Attitude

It's ALL about ATTITUDE!

Yesterday as I was waiting to get Danny's Flow Sheets from the printers in their entry was this saying.
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me is more important then facts. it is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church.... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude... I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you... We are in charge of our Attitudes." ~ Charles Swindoll
How appropriate and TRUE! I just had a conversation with a good friend, one of our neighbors from our previous house, about this very thing. How appreciative she was that I do this blog and my up beat twist to all of our lives journeys as it has helped her through her life's journeys. I'm greatful that this site has been not only a tool for myself but that it's a way for others to cope with their things, educate themselves, and a means of support for YOU and I. This blog is serving a wonderful purpose and I couldn't be more happy.
This last weekend Avrianna had another swim meet, this time in Howard Suamico. She participated in both Saturday and Sunday meets. This meaning we had to be up very early so Dan and I could get her there on time (she needs to be IN the water at 7am~ we live about hour away). She did GREAT! Once again Avrianna got a medal :) How exciting! She placed with a ribbon or medal in all but one meet She had NO disqualifications and improved her time in just about every stroke. So she was able to add 8 more her wall. She keeps this up and we are going to have to think of a different idea to display them all.....we are running out of room. I'm so proud of her!!
Our newest addition Gunner started Puppy classes last week too. Yesterday was his second class and he's enjoying his training. He's very smart, but can be alil stubborn (go figure). He's managed to charm the instructors and some of his canine friends already. He's cute and he knows it, LOL.
Danny has been doing pretty good. He's still having his bouts of pain with crying, the lip and tears so I'm anxiously awaiting the results from his CT scan of his right hip and the scoliosis xray that was done yesterday, here at the local hospital. The scan will show if something can be done with his dislocated hip (the one side that has already been corrected but failed) and the scoliosis xray will show if he needs to have his VEPTR rods grown out sooner then later. UGH more surgeries potentially knocking on his back door.
Dan has been a busy bee getting all the seasonal stuff done around the house before the weather turns and before the BIG hunt. Well see if he shoots the deer this time instead of catching just a cold.
I have started another relapse with my MS, sigh. I've had a constant headache for 6 days and I've tried everything to get rid of it. Last night and this morning being the worst... nauseated, vision is blurry and my eyes hurt, shooting constant pain in head and running down my neck, my teeth even hurt, and weakness in my legs. All the meds I've been taking and NO relief. I've called the Neurologist's office twice now to start the treatment, with no replies as of yet. Very disappointing as I have all I can do is to think right now rather then exerting my energy on the phone trying to get in contact with them. If they don't call soon I will just go into the ER, frustrating as it's not in my schedule to sit around and get better.
I had the opportunity to share my story on a new Online Forum for Birth Injuries. They published part of my story in their first issue. Click HERE to go their site, please check it out and join the forum.
Thanks for checking in on us.

2 comments:

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

Stopping by to try and catch up on all our friends! I am sorry that Danny is still having pain, I hope the xrays give you all some answers. I cannot imagine dealing with all these parenting things while feeling crummy. I hope your Dr gets back to you with some advice soon!

Unknown said...

you may of sean me in your group that i saw you started and moriahs oen and the blog i dsaw the article on their blog vicotira posted a link and i wanted to say its great big hugs to you and hope your better soon i actualy had a teachers aide with ms when i was in school it was bad she was and is a loving caring lady and suddenly she was in a walker and like the rest of us in the support unit it was when i was in highschool was actualy quite nice but sad at the same tiem as she couldnt take me to my mainstream classes anymore but that happened befor the walker that happened when we came out of a room and she fell making me and the chair land on top of her i have charge jstu like moriah jsut in case u wondered so no balance love ya