Wednesday, February 22, 2012

SLOW DOWN

February is a short month, but WOW where did it go?? I've been running my butt off EVERYDAY going here n there for Ms Avrianna's activities and doctor appts for Danny n myself .....you would "think" I would be shedding off the butt ~ NOPE. This Monday we went down to CHOW for Danny's Orthopedic appt. I was going to cancel it, but I'm glad I hadn't .... I TOTALLY Jinx myself on the last post as after I wrote it down Lil Man MUST have gotten access to it and read that he was doing well. So he decided to turn it up alil bit ....He's been teetering with respiratory crud, nothing full blown, but alil more attention is needed to be given. I just did a spit collection this morning to be sent to be cultured, just to stay ahead of the game, in case things turn. We've also needed to put his leg brace back on due to more discomfort :( While we were down in CHOW for xrays to monitor his VEPTR rod growth I mentioned that his leg/knee is STILL bothering him so they added addl xrays to take a look again. Unfortunately there still is no definite for why Danny's knee is bothering him. I got a "Keep doing what you're doing, as long as it helps" speech. It's alil frustrating, but at least we were able to get it looked at. Theory is that in the OR room, with his gall bladder removal, they moved him, forgetting that there is no hip on the right side and traumatized it in some way. BUT as I (and alot of you reading) know....what happens in the OR ~ Stays in the OR, so it's just speculation.
I know I've shown you this before, but I'm just in amazement at the correction.
Here's the before the VEPTR xray next to the NOW xrays ~ not only is the correction impressive but look at ALL that hardware (Trache, med port n cath, 2 VEPTR rods, G-tube, ITB pump n cath)
I thought this angle was neat.....they normally don't get his head in there. I know I'm weird ~lol
Danny is scheduled to get grown out again on April 24th. That will work nice as we are planning on going to Florida for spring break, so alil nice R&R in the sun and then we'll be all refreshed for surgery.
After Danny's appt we made our trip to The Cheesecake Factory........YUMMY, that makes it SO WORTH driving down! Unfortunately Danny's dysautonomia "episodes" are back and in full force....even in a restaurant they pop up. At least it looks as if he is having a great time. Again I know I'm warped, but how can you not smile seeing him smile like that. Even if it's coming off an episode :) We are going to see his Neurologist in 2 weeks to go over more options to see if we can help control this NASTY CRUEL disorder.Danny got his new Cascade AFO's last week ~ Avrianna picked out the patterns....she's so proud :) I think they turned out pretty cool. I have to admit I was alil concerned with what all the colors were going to look like, but she did good!
I think we have the start of a Halloween costume here.....my cane and Danny's old AFO's , I can work with that :) Now maybe a house coat and a wig of grey hair, LOLI laid Danny on the floor the other day and Gunner made himself very comfortable with his BFF. I have to say Gunner is WONDERFUL with Danny.....Danny is HIS person.He is Danny's protector ...... It just makes me SMILE :)

Ms Keren and Avrianna are busy getting ready for St Patricks' Day and the art projects are in full swing. I can't wait to see what they are going to do. All I know is they looked like Ogers with all the green paint on their hands.
My Angry Bird ~ All bundled up to visit Dr Kasper for an ear check up.
Last night was pictures for the Wave swim team. I can't wait to see how they turned out. There was about a 45 minute gap between her individual pics and the Group Team photo ~ I couldn't keep her out of the water. Her dive team was practicing at the pool during pictures and next thing I knew she was in the water. Oh well, why not have wet hair for a swim team picture, right? At least her individual picture her head was dry.
This girl has got me running crazy to get her to her after school activities. Well I guess most of it is my fault for signing her up, but she is enjoying it and it keeps her occupied it's better other then sitting around home being a bump on the log. I'm really glad she is so active :) She has Dive every nite after school from 4-5:30, then Piano on Mondays, Art on Thursdays, and then throw in a school function of skate nite or Girl Scouts on top of it which makes us busy bees in the evenings. Next fall she I believe she wants to do BOTH dive and swim so I think she's going to have to chose what days she wants to do what as it will be too much to do both in one evening. I'm just tired thinking about it.
I am getting geared up for a Wildtree Freezer Workshop here at the house on Saturday. I was alil disappointed in the turn out, but non the less we WILL have FUN! We are getting together and prepping 10 freezer meals with Wildtree products. I LOVE Wildtree and what better to cook with them, with some of your girlfriends, and I'm almost POSITIVE there will be some cocktails too. I will DEFINITELY be having another one of these later this year. I think it's going to be a great time, PLUS I will have 10+ meals already done and in my freezer. I can use that will all the running around we do. I am also planning a Game nite on St Patrick's Day with a few of our friends. Just alil friendly competition and again cocktails, but I'm sure these will be green. Do you see a common denominator here?? And Yes I do like to plan get togethers. I'm really looking forward to the surprise party at the end of the month.....I hope I can pull it off (you never know....it could be you) LOL.
Thanks for stopping by to check on us!

No comments: