Sunday, January 13, 2019

Let Me Take You Back

ALL THE WAY BACK ........ to November!
So sit back, grab a coffee or drink, and relax as we have some serious updating to do!

Well, let me start by answering the question from the Title of the last post..... Will She Do It Again?!
There was some strong diving competition and the day was full of emotions......especially for this mom.  She dove very well and in the end she held her head high with holding the Wisconsin State D1 Diving Title for the 3rd year in a row.  We are so incredibly proud of Av's achievements her hard work and dedication has definitely taken her to the top.
Danny's sign he made for Av ~
Cheering on his sister from the comforts of home
Danny and Lacy watching the dive meet LIVE at home
 
I have to say the coach and I were very surprised to see the swimmer (past, present and parents) turn out to watch the diving part of the state meet.  It was the biggest we've ever seen!
 Some action shots done by Av's friend that was on the deck taking photos n videos for me

 These two make an AMAZING team!
 2018 Girls Wisconsin State D1 Dive Champion ~ Av Osero
 
 
Unfortunately I heard that this year was going to be the last of  parading in the top 6 diving champions during the swimming part of the state meet as you can see there is a lack of interest with the other divers.  Very sad as I would has thought they would have wanted to be acknowledged of the great diving and hard work it took to get to be one of the top 6 divers in Wisconsin. I believe that last year there was only 2 divers that came back to be acknowledged.
Av also was awarded the FVA diver of the year, her 3rd letter, and MVP of the team.  I have no doubt she will also make the ALL-American team for her 3rd year in a row also.   Av was also nominated again for the Wisconsin High School Sports Award Banquet for Athlete of the Year through the USA Today Network.  The banquet will be held in May and this year it will be at the PAC instead of Lambeau Field....new venue maybe new luck?  Time will tell if she is able to clinch this award for the first time.  Stay Tuned!
How cool is this!!  She will be forever on the High School Wall......will her name be there 4yrs in a row?
 I completed her 2018 diving collage ......
And her letter jacket is updated with the current badges and pins 
Next week Av will be having finals as half of her Junior year will be completed.  HOW DOES TIME GO BY SO FAST?!  She has managed to continue her 3.9+ GPA for her High School career on top of her crazy schedule.  Av has been getting letters, emails, and contact info for Colleges that have an interest in her attending their schools.  So time to start looking more closely at what each one has to offer her education and diving career to get a better idea of where she would like to go.  I can tell you I will have a harder time with her leaving then she will....I'm NOT READY!!

Blimpie the sub shop is OPEN for Business!!  CLICK HERE to go to our FB page to see our full menu, specials, new promos and what Blimpie Bear is up too
 Stop on by 2208 Jackson St in Oshkosh and give it try (located right next door to our Oshkosh Laundry location)!  The Subs, wraps and panini's are amazing ~ and the cookies......are awesome too!  We have a wonderful team that is ready to make your sub just the way YOU like it!

Can you believe Danny is 15?  Um.......WHAT!! 
We had his party a few weeks early as we were going to be gone on his actual birthday.  It was a wonderful time with family and friends old n new.  
 This man......I can't say enough about his kindness and Love!  He hasn't missed a party in all of Danny's 15 yrs.  The only time we didn't see him was when Danny didn't have a party due to illnesses.  Santa has even come during blizzards to be apart of Danny's special day ~ Thank you just doesn't seem like enough.  He is the REAL DEAL!

The Birthday Party Crew!  We were able to have a fun filled few hours at a local rolling skating rink.
 Man I LOVE these two!
 This boy has been in such a smiley mood lately.  And NOT a seizure smile either.....just a good mood full on smile.  Just melts my heart!! 
 At the local hospital for some follow ups and we got to visit with this Lil guy!
I mean how does it get any better then THIS!!
Danny's Christmas Party for his wonderful team of Girls!  I can't fully express how BLESSED we are to have such an AMAZING group of ladies working with Danny.

For the most part Danny has been doing wonderful.  Just a few things here and there.  The biggest issues we are trying to resolve is his weight.....he's losing.  I know not a terrible thing BUT we need him to maintain where he is to keep everything working properly.  He's 15yrs old, 51" tall and 87lbs ~ The fine line is his reaction to anything new or a change.  We've tried the simple/easy route with increasing his weight with no results so I'm pushing the envelope alil and going with a bigger change to see if that helps.  If we start to see him gain too much I can always cut back.  I know he won't "Grow" anymore with this back being fused, his right leg having to remove the hip and part of femur, hormone levels and the fact the his growth plates are already closed so he'll pretty much be this size the rest of this life so once we find the right "cocktail" to maintain his weight we shouldn't have to change too much after that.
We also are going to see his Neuro alil earlier then we typically do to go over some new muscle movements we've been noticing to see what Dr E has to say about them and if we should be treating it.....maybe also a contributor to his weight loss?!  I know we'll have to start looking at scheduling surgery for a new baclofen pump this year.  EEEP!!!  This will be his 3rd pump as the battery life is dwindling......for all you science genius' can you please find a battery for these internal pumps that can be recharged instead of having to have major surgery approx every 6yrs to replace the whole pumps.  I am hoping that the new pump can be done at the hospital that we are starting to be more affiliated with in GB instead of going back down to CHOW in Milwaukee.  I've heard there is a lack of neurosurgeons that will work on Danny in the area so I'm crossing my fingers that Dr E was able to chat with one that will be willing to take Danny on.  I would love to be able to see first hand how this hospital fares with kids like Danny as I've heard good things so far.  Fingers crossed!!

I hope you all had a wonderful Holiday Season!!
 The Osero's headed South for Christmas ~ down to Fort Myers Beach in Florida for some relaxing fun n the sun... So if you happened to see this cruising down the interstate ~ that was US!
 This is how Danny travels down the road in the RV.  It's a mobile ICU unit !
This trip was just us 4 so no nurse and no companion for Av.....it was a nice time to have just us 4 together.  Not sure if/when that will ever happen again so I cherish the one on one time.  It was also nice to have Av to help me out with Danny.  I really had a nice time as we didn't have much planned, but I'm sure if you ask Av n Dan they were bored.  Sitting back relaxing in the sun, doing some shopping, going to the Flea Market, and eating some fabulous food was just what I had in mind.
Danny being a HAM in the shower....we have a HUGE roll in shower for him along with a wheelchair lift to get him into the RV.
 How could this EVER get old!!
 Our home for the week
 First day and Av was itching to get to the beach.  It was pretty windy and chilly out so just some shopping for us.  Love the poinsetta "tree" at the enterance of the beach
 No one in the water when it's chilly out
 I swear I can't take these two anywhere without being on the verge of getting kick out of the establishment. LOL
 Yes MORE of this please.
 I'm not sure who is instigating who here
 I found an Escape Room that was alil more accessible then most to get Danny into ~ We were able to get out of the room with 7 minutes to spare.  It was an ok room to do, but there were some prop issues that needed to be resolved while we were doing the Escape and the direction of what we were actually suppose to be doing was alil off BUT it was nice that we got out and did something together.
 Toes in the Sand ~ Now this is the white Christmas I can handle!
 Av out taking a video of the dolphin swimming near shore.....see the dorsel fin just to the left of her?
 Even Santa makes an appearance on the beach.  He and his elf were handing out candy canes and taking photos with the beach goers.
Merry Christmas ~ From The Osero's!
 
Santa comes no matter where we are!
 Must be Christmas ~ let the all day grazing on snacky foods... YES!
 Christmas in shorts
 Yes BOTH Dan's are in shorts .... it's a Christmas Miracle!!
 Shopping ~ took Av out for her first "the day after Christmas deal shopping".  It was nice going out to get the stuff on her list with her that way I didn't get it wrong, lol.  Plus we got some good deals too, which is always a bonus.
 Av fits in the cooler ~ again how did we not get kicked outta there?
 Dan N Danny waiting out in the common area when the stores are too full to get a wheelchair in.
 Ahhhh ~ just taking it all in
Just to the right of me is the Poolside tiki bar......now that's my kind of service!
 
 The biggest plan of this trip was for Av to get a tattoo.  In Florida with a parents consent you can get a tattoo at 16 or 17.  So ..... here we go!
 She had a great tattoo artist and she did amazing with not so much of a flinch, whine, or teardrop
 Sorry it's in reverse mode....but she got a rose with Danny's birthdate in roman numerals.  It turned out spetacular !!  No colors for her.....SO NOT like her mom!!
 Unfortunately my tattoo artist wasn't impressive.......it also didn't help that I had a nasty reaction to the new covering tape they use so my new tattoo became all red with hives and didn't heal right.  Thankfully 2 weeks after the original was done I went to my tatto guy here at home and he made it look awesome!  The difference between a tattoo "artist" and an amazing tattoo artist!! SO MUCH BETTER ~ I love it!  Av picked the sunflower and words to represent her.
Unfortunately since my last tattoo I had to have 4 more stars added to my memorial tattoo of Danny's friends that have passed away.  Forever in my heart Always on my Mind.

I have to say this was one of the smoothest trips we have taken.  The RV didn't give us too much trouble...just a lil grief with the water pump on the way down, but once we go to FL Dan was able to fix the issue along with figuring out how the outside tv/radio works.  We ALWAYS have serious drama on vacations ..... I mean we can put the "Griswald Vacations" to shame.  So all in all this 2018 Christmas vacation was one I could do over n over again ~ Sign me up!!  I'm already getting things started for our 2019 Spring Break trip.....watch out Texas The Osero's will be heading  your way. 

Mother Nature thought is would be HILARIOUS to drop a boat load of snow just a few hours after pulling in the driveway.  From Sand to SNOW.... Back to reality!!  At least we didn't have to travel in this weather so I can't complain too much.
 It's pretty though....I'll give it that!

 Happy New YEAR from my munchkins !!
 Danny's new therapy tube.....it changes colors, bubbles, and has fish floating throughout.  He loves looking at it....well we all do, it's pretty mezmorizing.  Danny then donated his light box and all it's accessories to a new friend that could benefit and use it.  He's a cool kid like that....always sharing!!

For Christmas I got Dan, Av and I these ancestry/health kits to do.  Off to the mail they went and now we wait to see what we are actually "Made" of, any health markers we may carry, see our ancestry lines and maybe find out any secrets that may be out there.  Stay tuned!!

Just before the Holiday's we got a new vehcile.  Our lease was up on the car and we decided to give this Acura a whirl.  It's fun to drive and has a very comfortable ride.

 Panoramic sun roof ~ cool!
With a new vehicle that means a visit from my dear friend and amazing artist Calico!
 Another amazing job!
 Of course Av wanted hers done then too ~
I believe those make vehicle #15 and #16 that we've had him do for us.  We wouldn't have a vehicle without the class that Calico's strip brings.  If you are ever looking to have him paint pintripping CLICK HERE to view his page.  He not only does vehicles but he also will do ~ helmets, motocyles, glass panels, tool boxes,......the list is really endless what he can paint on as it's pretty amazing the stuff he can do.

Since Septmeber 12th we've been looking at this beautiful tarpped temporary wall where my front door used to be.  Due to improper installation of the front door when we had the house built after 9 years of snow and rain it rotted out the flooring under the door, part of the door jam and thankfully only into the house flooring by half of a tile.  Unfortunately the door size wasn't typical and with our entry being zero clearance for Danny's wheelchair we had to have the new one special ordered.  Of Course the door that was in there was no longer in production so front entry door shopping I went.
 After almost 4 months of the tarp we were able to have the new door installed.  Too bad the weather was so cold with temps of 24 and wind chills making it feel like it was 17 degrees.  With a fire in the fire place and blocking off Danny's room so it would stay warm we managed.
 It's SO pretty!!
 They even had a removable ramp in the inside for Danny's chair for the Lil lip where the door seals to the frame.  Totally not needed but love how they thought of Danny.
Now we have to get used to all the wonderful light we have shining through these beautiful doors.  We've been so used to the black dark tarp that we all think the doors are open seeing there is so much glass letting all the natural light shine in.

I know I've said this before, but I really will try to make a better effort of updating this more often.  Time and Life just slips away from me.  I wish you all the best and hope that you have a happy n healthy 2019!

No comments: