Friday, September 15, 2017

Bring on Fall

I'm not sure who got Mother Nature all in a tizzy lately but WOW !  I have say I am welcoming the unusual higher temps the last few days around here, as the unwelcome chilly wet weather has hung out here for too long.  The tree are starting to change already,  but I guess when we really didn't have much of a summer it's no surprise.  Prayers go out to all involved with Hurricane Harvey n Irma and the fires out west.  I can't even imagine what they are having to go through.  My hope is to try and look to adopt a medium size female dog from one of the hurricane hit areas as the dog "bella" we had planned on adopting from the local shelter didn't work out.  Once she had her spay done and we were able to have our dogs meet with her, she was NOT a fan of the first meet with Gunner.  With the aggression she showed towards him we didn't even have her meet the other two.  We were very sad and disappointed, but I guess it wasn't meant to be.  Maybe there is a better fit out there for us ~Time will tell.

Here is Av's photo montage we had done for Nationals this summer.....WOW~ IT'S Stunning!
Av has hit her Sophomore dive season on a positive note....Her first meet at the Neenah Pool and she had come less than 7 points away from breaking the school pool record already...that girl has skills. She's dove in 4 different meets already and has come in 1st in all of them and she currently is holding the highest diving score for all of the Wisconsin girls.  The next meet is on Tuesday the 19th and it's at the Neenah pool once again so we'll see if she can pull it off and beat the record at this next meet.  There are not many home meets this year so she has limited meets to get her name on the record board.
Last nite Channel 5 came to practice and interviewed Av for one of their sports stories, it will air on Saturday 16th at 10:30-45pm.  We are excited and honored they are doing a story on her and I can't wait to see it! I will be sure to record it and share.
Danny loves going to watch her meets.....so much noise as the girls get pretty LOUD
Isn't she wonderful?!

 
Av continues to be BUSY BUSY BUSY with school, sports, and her social life.  To be young again! Not much knocks this girls down as after her before school 5;45am dive practice I picked her up and she was at the doctors/hospital most of the day yesterday trying to figure out if her appendix needed to come out.  
She still smiles after labs and IV's
Once we got the all clear her appendix can stay her first comments were to get her back to school for the last 1.5hr so she can go to afternoon practice.  Boy she never gives UP!! 
 Av also has been going to most of the football games this year, it's nice her boyfriend drives and can help get her here n there as with only having nursing for Danny till 8pm many evening activities could be alil tricky.  Jaden is very sweet and they sure make a cute couple...now if only I could get a photo of them together to share with you...stay tuned...challenge is on!  He has an amazing birth date as it's the same as mine, Sept 18th, at least I won't forget it!
Sept 8th Dan and I had our 16 yr Anniversary ~ WOW 16 YEARS!! In good times and in bad we have stuck it through.  
September is our month as it's our anniversary and both Dan and my's birthdays.  LET'S PARTY!

 Lil Man consumes ME!  He doesn't quite fit on my lap anymore .... BUT we make it work.  He is doing so well that I'm scared to brag about it.  He is scheduled to go for surgery mid October so I hope he continues to be well and rocks this surgery.  He is having a "minor" surgery with ENT to have his ears cleaned and a bronc to check is airway in addition to  having some dental work done too.  This should be a day surgery which also is very rare for him to go home same day. I had to look back to see when the last time he was in the hospital and much to my surprise ... it's been over 1.5 yrs ~ that's UNHEARD OF!  As Danny typically would be in the hospital 4 times a year.  THIS IS AWESOME!!  I am now more anxious about the surgery as surgery isn't as typical as it was in the past and I don't want to rock the boat.  Danny doesn't need any set backs!!  
 This handsome young man is still looking for a RN to come and play with him a few hours a week.  I'm finding more and more "holes" in our schedule.  So if you are looking for or know someone that would be looking for a shift or two a week have them contact ME!
 A boy and his dalmatian!!

I had an appt with my Neurologist this week  and I'm doing pretty well.  Some things have improved or stabilized and others are giving me alil grief like some weakness, pain, and vision issues ~ but nothing bad enough to try to intervene yet . Unfortunately it is the nature of this disease but I'm doing pretty good for the most part and trying not to let it get me down.  Just keep swimming!!  I did have a nasty fall the other day while hydroplaning on Danny's spilled formula on the hard wood floor and I have to say that was an ego breaker, but I got up and brushed it off.  
Thanks for stopping by to check on us!! 

No comments: