Wednesday, January 22, 2014

What we're up too

We now have skiers ~ There was a break in the Arctic Blast temps for a day so I took Avrianna and my nephew Tyler skiing.  It was the first time for both of them.  They LOVED it!!  They were on the hills for 8 hrs......both were pretty soar the next day, but I think if I asked if they wanted to go skiing again they would have went.  I took them to Nordic Mountain, it's about 50 minutes away from us, the temp was a balmy 30 degrees, so it was perfect skiing weather.  I hung out in the lodge for the day and watched them.  
They both were pretty nervous in the beginning
 I got them both 3 hrs lessons right away in the morning ~
Av and her instructor
 Tyler and his instructor
 Learning ~ I found it strange that they don't teach them to use poles anymore
 Break Time ~
Both kids LOVED their instructors :)  Half way through they got Hot chocolate for the kids
 By 1 in the afternoon they were "Pro's" and on their own.  They did GREAT!


Last week Danny threw another curve ball at me.  He started peeing blood.  He's NEVER done this before so you can bet I was lil alarmed.  I ran this over to the local hospital so they could test it and start a culture.  The culture grew out Enteroccoci bacteria.....even though he had an infection he's white blood count was fine.  Once again Danny is an enigma that has all of his Dr's and myself scratching our heads.  
 He started yet again another antibiotic (boy I hope the C Diff stays away, as you normally get C diff my being on multiple antibiotics).  It was so WONDERFUL to see his smiley face once again, I knew he was starting to feel better.  YAY!!

 The weather continues to be unbearably cold.  We did have a couple days of above zero temps, but we are back in the Ice Age once again.....where's this global warming they are always talking about?  Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ~ the kids enjoyed being off of school for 2 days do to the extreme cold weather.
 You know it's cold out when everything in the INSIDE starts freezing over.  YIKES!!

Avrianna had her dive meet this last weekend.  I am SO PROUD of her!  She is doing amazing.  Despite her having a bad fall/smack at practice on the 3M (high dive) she got back up on the 3M board finished her event and placed 2nd.  WAY TO GO!!
Click HERE to go to her video I made of her meet :)

Yesterday I got myself a new car.  I can't wait to pick it up Tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by to see what we are up too.  I hope this finds you well.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Holey moley, never seen urine quite that colour - but look at that great Danny smile!
Skiing looks great - good for the kids (8 hours, wow!)