Saturday, July 7, 2012

Baby it's HOT outside !!

Last week was Brutal around here with the heat n humidity.  I'm SO VERY THANKFUL for a/c!!  The pool isn't even cool as the water temp as reached 94 degrees.  The kids say it's refreshing, but I beg to differ.  Indoors for me :)
I wanted to see how hot it gets in the sun ~ I actually got up to 114.8 one day :(
With the heat there have been some pretty intense storms that just pop out of no where ~ On Monday I was suppose to play volleyball (as a sub) in this uncomfortable heat, but much to my delight as we pulled into the parking lot it just down poured and hailed...YAY ~ no volleyball for me :)

The Rainbows have been AMAZING.  This is taken on our way home and just beyond the trees where the rainbow goes down....that's where our house is.  How cool is that!
Looking out my backyard at the wall cloud coming our way ~
Finally the humidity and heat broke last night for awhile!  It should be more comfortable outside now.  I hope it lasts.  That heat just isn't healthy,

What else is there to due in this heat but ..... recover from surgery, right?  Well that's what Danny has been doing.  It's been a ROCKY week post op, but I think he's finally on the road to improving.
 Every 6 months the surgeon goes into the same spot and lengthens the rods in his back (grows Danny taller, ahhhhh stop).
This is day 2 post op ~ looking good (the redness around the incisions is glue, don't be alarmed....they really need to find a better color, geez)
Day 5 post op ~ the swelling and redness is going down alot
Danny started to 3rd space (retain all fluids) and he gained 3 lbs in a matter of 1.5 days and become VERY puffy.  Even his poor eye lids were swollen :(  Thankfully today he started dumping his fluids, on his own.  I'm sure the pressure and discomfort from all the extra fluid has been one of the sources to some of his troubles this week.
Once again Dr Kasper has been our "attending" while at home for recovery.  He is our ROCK!!  I don't know what we would do without his support, knowledge, and concern for our Lil Man.  He continues to go above and beyond the call of duty ~ and we are FOREVER indebted to him.  He has such a special place in my family's hearts.

The 4th of July was definitely a different one for us.  We normally are Up North for the 4th, but with Danny's recovery and the heat.....it played out much different.
We still managed to be in the spirit of the Holiday :)
Danny did what he's been doing best.....he slept the day away :)
Avrianna and I braved the heat for about 2 hrs and I took her to the Community fest at Riverside Park.  OMG was it hot!!

We tried to cool off by putting our feet in the water while watching the water ski show :)
We were able to see some of the fireworks that were being set off around our home.  So it all worked out.  As long as we were all together I really didn't care where we were.  Avrianna enjoyed watching the Lil Firework show I put on in the driveway and then we were off to bed, back in the comforts of our a/c..
I hope you all had a SAFE and Happy 4th of July!

No comments: