Thursday, August 21, 2014

Summer Nationals, Annie, and whole bunch more

Woah ~ Where did the month go?!  We've been pretty busy around here, but I guess what else is new.  LOL
We've been up to A Lot of stuff so sit down and take a load off.....this could be lengthy.
Talk about writer blocks or major distractions as I've been trying to update the blog for a couple weeks now, but each time I start....I get pulled off to do something.  So here goes nothing.
Ready
Set
Go
I'm so proud of Av and her diving accomplishments.  How amazing that she made it to Nationals!!  We headed off to Knoxville TN, as a family, to watch and cheer on Av while doing what she LOVES to do.  We took the RV down with us and stayed at a Campground that was about 10 minutes away from the University of TN where the events where held.   Once again I was in awe watching her.  I can't believe at age 11 what she can do and where she dreams to go.  I put together a montage of photos and videos of our Nationals fun.
Enjoy!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox


She was disappointed that she didn't place in the finals in any of her events.  But I told her she'll get them next year.  Again how cool and amazing that she even placed in Nationals at her age.  I can remember what I was doing at 11 and I can tell you it wasn't competing in Nationals or anything.  Way to GO Baby Girl....Keep Dreaming BIG!!  We are so PROUD of you
We had a professional photographer take photos of Av while she dove at Nationals.  They are putting together a montage for us of our favorite photos.  I can't wait to see it.  I've seen the photos and they are FANTASTIC now to see them all put together :)

On the way home we were able to meet up with Danny's Runner, Annie.  Danny and Annie were matched together through a group/program called I Run 4.  It's put together for people/kids that can not run to be matched with a runner who honors them with the miles they run/walk/exercise.  Danny was lucky enough to be matched with Annie!!  She lives in Indiana so on our way home from Tennessee our schedules worked out to meet.  How cool is that!! We will have to make a point of seeing her more often.  What a great family she has and her amazing dedication to my son, she's a wonderful woman.  Unfortunately Danny wasn't in the best of moods and there was alot of grimacing and crying, but I did get some nice photos of them together.  Of course I plan something special for him and ..... well we just go with the flow around here.
Here are some of of the photos of our visit.
Ms Annie and Danny ~ YAY!  Not all runners are able to meet up with their buddies.  We are so blessed
 Eating at Cheesecake Factory with Annie's family
 Danny with Annie's family.....minus her oldest son who, just days before our meeting, enlisted into the airforce.
 Until next time Ms Annie....Love you!!!
 I had this medal Plaque made to show off the hard work and dedication that Ms Annie has with staying on her running course and with Danny.  She sends Danny her medals and gets him t-shirts from her races when they are available.  How Cool is that!!


Ms Annie sends messages and photos to Danny and vise versa.  They chat and encourage each other all the time.

Last Sunday was Superhero Sunday and the runners were asked to participate and wear an outfit with their buddies favorite superhero.  So Danny and I decided to honor the real life superheros and go as someone in the armed forces...and what best then to honor HER son and go air force.  Danny played along too "Ms Annie....You can be My Wingman Anytime"

Annie takes Danny along with her on all her runs.....can you see the Pin we sent her with Danny's photo on it :)

I have to say that I am devastated that one of my Favorite Actors, whom enlightens everyone he comes across whether in person or on the television could not find his saving grace.  I hope Heaven is all that you dreamed it to be Robin Williams.  You will be missed dearly.  I'm forever grateful that you can put a smile on my and many faces.  
There are so many theories as to what may have happened to push you to the road of suicide.....whatever the reason was I hope you find the peace you were looking for.   The newest information that he had early stages of Parkinson's, just breaks my heart.  This is near and dear to me as my grandmother and her sister both have this nasty disease.  Rest in Peace!! 
"I used to think the worst thing in life is to end up all alone.  It's Not! The worst thing in life is to end up with people that make you feel alone."  Robin Williams

Avrianna went to her last camp of the summer, which was the Dive camp in Indiana at "Ripfest".  Once again she had a blast, Despite the cooler temps and diving off outdoor boards.  This camp was set up completely different from the dive camp last year.  It's nice that she is able to get diversity so she can pick and choose down the road of what she likes and dislikes.  Of course she learned a lot of new things...mostly on the platforms.  She is now DIVING off of 10M...OMG!!  Here are some of my favorite dives at the meet they put on for the parents on the last day.




While Av was at Dive Camp we were able to get Danny on the boat down the river.  His day didn't start off the best with lots of discomfort, but once on the water he calmed down and was able to enjoy himself.  Here are some photos of his voyage.
We had Ms Aleana and my Mom along with too :)


 This was also Gunner's first time on a boat and he did great!

 Mr Navigator!!
 No pretzels for you MR!!!

It was a wonderful day out ~ We'll be doing this more often :)

Avrianna has a bunch of Dr Appts to get ready for the next school year as a ............
7th Grader at Shattuck Middle School.
OMG
I don't even want to talk about it, LOL
Her eyes have changed once again so new prescription contacts for both eyes, dentist was a snitch for her with no cavities and she will be getting phase 2 at the orthodontist on the 26th which is upper and bottom braces.  Not something she is looking forward to, but she wants to get this done and behind her ASAP.  Phase 2 is about 16 -18 months long so she'll have them on into the beginning of next school year.   This week she got all registered for 7th grade with photos and her class schedule.  Boy was that a blast from the past....walking the halls of my old school.  After stopping by a few of her classes it all came back to me.  Man, I thought that school was alot bigger when I went there, teehee.

Danny also had a dentist appt down in CHOW earlier this week.  He once again got gold stars for having clean teeth.  Very little tarter on his teeth, which is quite common with g-tube fed kids.  He has to go back when we are down there for trache/vent clinic the beginning of Oct. to have his last 2 baby teeth pulled.  I was pretty bummed that they didn't pull them right then when we were there, as they have done that in the past at cleanings...but with being at CHOW and a teaching hospital we once again had another new dentist and she wasn't comfortable in the time frame she had set to get everything done.  UGH!!  At least they found a time that works when we are going to be down there anyway.
It's been pretty touch in go around here with the agency nurses.  I had found out they most of the nurses sent to us were NOT trache/vent certified or even worked with them before.  Needless to say I didn't sit tight on that one.  Of course the agency has told myself and the nurses questioning this that certification is not needed if from an agency.  I DO NOT feel comfortable with that AT ALL.  I had to be trained to bring him home and my PDN's have to be trained. If they are taking care of him they better have an idea of what the heck is going on.  They are NOT glorified babysitters....they are keeping my son alive who is on LIFE SUPPORT!  I've called down to the trache/vent certification program along with WI Medicaid and they both state that YES ~ ALL nurses that work with Danny directly NEED to be certified.  So regardless what the agency thinks, if they want to stay here they WILL be getting trained.  I've been pretty lenient this week as the agency is checking with corporate to see what all needs to be done.  But my "niceness" is going to wear off if things don't start progressing, this is protocol so I'm not sure why they don't know the rules, and with a few phone calls I was able to get answers about with what the state requires.
There was a lil boy names Hunter, in Michigan, that was trache/vent and he ended up passing last month because his agency nurse, a BSN, didn't know what to do when his trache came out.  This has just rocked me to my core....I will fight for the safety of our kids!!
If I can't admit my son to the Childrens hospital in Neenah or if he can't be admitted to the general floor at Childrens hospital in Milwaukee due to not proper training or education support you better believe the nurse that is going to be here caring for my son WILL BE TRAINED!
We have found the source of Danny's discomfort, that he has had off n on for a while now.  Today we brought a specimen in and he tested positive for C Diff :(  We'll start treatment and I hope he'll be back to being comfy in no time.

Yesterday I went to Wicked Ink and Jake, once again worked his magic.  My family tattoo that I had done a few years back just wasn't what I had wanted it to look like.  So here's what it looks like now.

I also added 3 more stars to my memory tattoo.  There are now 11 :(  One star for each kiddo that had impacted and touched my life in a very special way.  

Please say a few extra prayers for my mom.  Tomorrow morning she will be going into surgery to remove an orange size tumor that was found in her abdomen.  Until it's out we won't know the specifics, but we do know that it is a vascular tumor which is attached to her Ovary, Spine, bladder, and bowel.  We were told it would take 3+ hours for surgery Once in there the 3 surgeons will obviously be able to see what they are all up against.

No comments: